“If elected, I will sponsor and work diligently to pass legislation to:
• Refuse to implement Obamacare mandates.
• End all state mandates on individuals and businesses to buy medical insurance.
• End all coverage mandates and restrictions on health insurance that prevent companies from selling policies that customers want to buy; dismantle the office of the state Insurance Commissioner; and allow purchase of medical insurance plans across state lines. Existing policies will be honored until the free market is restored.
• Stop bailing out insurance companies by ending all risk corridors, risk pools, and other forms of bailouts.
• End all state regulations that restrict use, or that drive up the cost, of drugs, medical procedures, medical supplies and equipment, office visits, or laboratory tests. This includes restoring the right of medical providers to publicize their prices; replacing state-controlled medical licensing with free-market certification; and ending restrictions on self-care.
• End any restrictions or prohibitions on free clinics and other forms of charitable health care.
• Once the market has been freed, charitable services are available for the poor, and prices plummet, gradu ally end Medicaid and all other state health-care programs and subsidies, which will no longer be needed. Dramatically cut taxes by the amount saved.”
Why we should replace Big Government Medicine with health freedom