Libertarian Booster PAC is considering contracting with someone for a temporary project to recruit and assist Libertarian Party candidates for office in Virginia.
- Recruit Libertarian Party candidates to run for the Virginia House of Delegates and possibly governor.
- Contact prospective candidates by phone, email, and on rare occasions in person.
- Understand the campaign election rules and paperwork.
- As needed, help candidates fill out all necessary paperwork and make sure they file paperwork on time. Getting the paperwork and details right is a critical part of this project.
- Manage petitioning for House of Delegates candidates.
- Contact Libertarian Party of Virginia leadership to get buy-in and cooperation.
- Work with Libertarian Booster PAC to collect necessary information for production of websites and campaign materials.
The ideal person for this project has recruited Libertarian Party candidates in the past, has been a Libertarian Party candidate, has been a party or campaign treasurer, has been a Libertarian Party officer at the state or local level, and has other experience volunteering with the Libertarian Party.
However, we're willing to train on all aspects. We're looking for someone who is reliable and a self-starter, but also someone willing to take instruction, and someone expecting to work part-time for low pay. If we don't find the right person, we'll handle this with existing staff. Virginia resident preferred, but not required.
This is not a full-time job. Probably will average around 10 hours per week for several months. Contractor might already have a full-time or part-time job. Pay is negotiable and dependent on the experience and scope of duties the contractor can handle. We're looking for someone dedicated to the cause.
We highly recommend reading How to Recruit an Army of Candidates and the Libertarian Booster PAC 2012 Report.
How to apply:
Please do not call. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your interest and qualifications. Feel free to attach a resume and any other documents or links to other information that may be helpful.